Goal Setting Information: achieve your personal and business goals
Welcome to our goal setting information to help you make happier work and life choices.
Achieve personal and business goals … be SMART and SHARP
The Happy Manager contains a growing collection of pages to help you plan, set and achieve your personal and business goals. This section contains some excellent goal setting resources – from thought-provoking articles to practical tips and tools (see below).
For your convenience we have also brought together a range of goal setting activities in our comprehensive GOAL SETTING information resource to help.
Our Goal Setting bundle has some of our most interesting guides included in the series with original models, thought provoking ideas and packed with tip and tools many of which you won’t find elsewhere. What’s more the complete series is available for half price, which is a great offer. Why not take a look at what the series has to offer before scrolling down to read any further? You’ll find a great introduction to the Goal Setting bundle in our article: Goal Setting Activities for SMART Goals and SHARP Action.
So if you want to refresh your thinking on goal setting, and improve your goal setting processes straight away, just click on the image below to download you copies now.
Below are our free resources, why not start with the featured articles then perhaps ask yourself some crucial goal setting questions. You’ll find a wide range of goal setting tips, questions, plans, activities, quotes, and lessons. These will help you to think about the goals you really want to achieve.
Whether modest or ambitious, at work or at home, the importance of goal setting is inestimable. What better way to express this value, than in the wisdom of these two quotes:
“If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” Andrew Carnegie
“The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstance they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them.” George Bernard Shaw.
Featured Why is Goal Setting Important?Personal Goal Setting: Ask Questions of Yourself Why is goal setting important? There are some very powerful reasons why goal setting matters. Here we discuss three... read more
Featured SMART GoalsBeing Both SMART and SHARP! Just how smart are smart goals? Well it really depends on what acronym you use for SMART. Here we discuss the... read more
Featured Personal Goal SettingAsk Questions of Yourself For managers, personal goal setting is just as important as setting organisational goals, but how many of us give it the time... read more
Mini Series Business Goal Setting - the F-PlanThe F-Plan is a six-step process for thinking about the future. It's a business goal setting tool and a guide for personal development. Show Series
- Business Goal Setting: Using the F-Plan - A successful business goal setting strategy comes from looking to the future, but the future is notoriously difficult to predict.... read more
- Company Goal Setting: Two Kinds of Future - Company goal setting is about planning for an organisation’s future, but which future? As Peter Drucker pointed out: “we only know two... read more
- Goal Setting in the Workplace: Filter to Make the Right Choices - Goal setting in the workplace requires making choices about how best to use limited resources. Having thought about the future you’ll quite... read more
- Frame Your Goal Setting Plans - To be successful, your goal setting plans need to be framed by the context of your organisation. To frame is... read more
- Goal Setting Strategies…are underpinned by focus! - Central to all goal setting strategies is the need to focus. In this article we consider the two main schools... read more
- Goal Setting Exercise: Are You Fast Enough? - Here’s a goal setting exercise to get you thinking about the importance of timeliness in business planning. One potential problem... read more
- Goal Setting Facts Need Faith - When we think of goal setting facts we tend to think of systematic approaches to planning. Accepted goal setting techniques... read more