Leadership Definition – Sharpen your Leadership Skills
Welcome to our Leadership section where you’ll find more than simple leadership definitions. Here you’ll find a growing collection of articles, tips, tools and resources on leadership.
Read our new book:
Uncommon Leadership: how to build competitive edge by thinking differently
“a tour de force … all integrated into a fascinating intellectual package”
Professor Dennis J. Garritan, Adjunct Professor, Harvard University
You can start with our challenging featured articles, or read our mini-series on leadership gurus, or just dip in and out of our leadership tips and tools.
We’ve also put together a comprehensive set of resources, packed with ideas and practical tools, to help you become a better leader. You can purchase individual e-guides which will help you define leadership and understand its essentials.
Perhaps purchase others which will help you to develop your own leadership style and focus on the skills needed to make it succeed. Or refer to our e-guide designed to give you some leading insights and fresh thinking, alongside our tips, tools and techniques.
Included are new models of leadership you won’t find anywhere else. Before you read on, why not take a look for yourself in our article: What is Leadership?
So whatever your needs, whether:
- You’re about to become a team leader
- Looking for a refresher
- Studying a course
- Wanting to be stretched with fresh thinking
- Thinking about progression and improving your skills further
- An educator of trainer looking for resources
… you’ll find our affordable, comprehensive resources can make a real difference for you and the people you lead. And best of all, you can get the complete set for half price!
But if you’re just looking for some inspiration, there is something here for you too – from famous quotes to our mini-series on leadership stories. Packed with great examples of how to lead others, there is something here to make you stop and think.
Here you’ll find fresh thinking that generates new ideas and better ways to work. All conveniently organised to help you lead the way to better management.
And you’ll be in good company…. these pages are some of the most widely read on the site. But before you start browsing our pages on leadership, here is one of our favourite quotes from the great Peter Drucker:
“Leadership is the lifting of a man’s vision to higher sights, the raising of a man’s performance to a higher standard, the building of a man’s personality beyond its normal limitations.” Peter Drucker
Featured Qualities of a LeaderBecoming the Person Others Will Want to Follow If you were to list the qualities of a leader, how many could you think of? Renowned leadership... read more
Featured What Makes a Great Manager?What makes a great manager? There are many different ways of answering this question but how many would include a reference to happiness? Ours does! We... read more
Featured What is Leadership?What is Leadership: 6 ways to define leadership for yourself “What is leadership?” is a crucial question to answer, especially when you consider both the potential ... read more
Mini Series Leadership StoriesLeadership stories are excellent tools to help bring different perspectives to the meaning of leadership. They can also be a great way to complement more traditional leadership and management courses, like MBA programs or a degree in leadership, by bringing some of the theory to life in the form of stories. Show Series
- Leadership Stories - Leadership stories: the essence of leadership Can leadership be learned? We think so and reading our growing collection of leadership... read more
- Characteristic of Leadership - Seeing Things Differently Here are two lessons to illustrate an unusual characteristic of leadership. The two stories, one about Tom... read more
- Essence of Leadership? - Seeing Triumph in Tragedy. Here is a story which poignantly illustrates the essence of leadership. In “Growing the Distance: Timeless... read more
- Leadership Concept - Leadership Concept: Valuing Ideas A key leadership concept is to create a positive culture. There are real benefits to be... read more
- Leadership Philosophy - It’s the Little Things That Count! If you were asked to consider a basic leadership philosophy, what immediately springs to... read more
- Leadership Quality - Leadership Quality – Seeing the Bigger Picture… Which leadership quality would be at the top of your list? Many might... read more
- Leading With Vision - Leading With Vision: Bridging the Gap The essentials of leading with vision are beautifully captured in “The Bridge Builder”, by... read more
Mini Series Leadership GurusYou can see further on the shoulders of giants. In the business world, the best thinkers are often labelled “gurus”. But who are the best? What exactly makes someone a guru? How and why do you apply the best ideas of leading thinkers to your situation? This three part article provides some answers to these questions. Show Series
- Good Leaders Learn From the Best - Good leaders learn from the best. Why? Because you can see further on the shoulders of giants. In the business... read more
- Develop Good Leadership Qualities - by Learning from the Best! Good leadership qualities can be learned but it’s a good idea to try and learn... read more
- Leadership Exercises - Leadership Exercises: Putting the Best Ideas to Work One of the most valuable leadership exercises you can perform is to... read more