Managing performance is too important not to get right. Yet for many of us our experience is not great. Some thing needs to change!
Below is our series of performance management articles, tools and techniques.
Many managers find performance management is one of the most difficult parts of their job.
Yet paradoxically it may well be the most important.
Ideally, most managers would want a self-motivated and committed team, doing their jobs to the very best of their ability and going the extra mile. How can you achieve that?
Effective performance management is NOT about coercion.
It IS about encouraging people to work to their potential – because they want to.
Invest in Managing Performance and Halve your Costs!
BUT before browsing our selection of articles take a look at our comprehensive resources on performance management. In them we challenge the current way performance is managed and we’re offering the complete set for half price! What is Performance Management is a vital question that is in need of new answers. Have we lost our way? This great set of resources poses some new answers to the question. Packed with process, good practice, tips and tools, the e-guides also include new models you won’t find elsewhere. Performance is too important not to get right and you can find out why this set of resources is essential reading in our challenge to re-think your answer to the question: What is Performance Management
Why not invest in these performance management resources? At half price they are a low cost investment with the potential for a high payback!
Or you can download your own comprehensive set of performance management resources right now for half price:
To continue enjoying our free resources and article below, one of the best places to start is with our two mini-series.
Motivating Employees to Perform introduces our PERFORM model, which will help you to manage the performance of others. Optimum Performance in the Workplace will help you manage their performance and yours!
Managing performance might not be easy, but as renowned management thinker Peter Drucker once said:
“the ultimate test of management is performance.”
Featured Performance Management CyclePerformance Management Cycle Using a performance management cycle adds a structure and process to a manager’s efforts to help others to reach their potential. There are... read more
Featured What is Performance Appraisal?What is Performance Appraisal? A Waste of Time or Are We Missing Something? What is performance appraisal? Not many people look forward to their performance appraisal... read more
Mini Series Motivating Employees to PERFORMKnowing how to motivate employees is one of the most important aspects of a manager's job. This mini series introduces our PERFORM model. This is an excellent tool to help you create and manage the conditions for improved performance in the workplace. Show Series
- How to Motivate Employees - … to PERFORM! Knowing how to motivate employees is one of the most important aspects of a manager’s job. An... read more
- Employees Appraisal - Employees Appraisal: Realizing Potential For many employees appraisal is seen as an ineffective, routine activity. At best it may be... read more
- Employee Performance Review - Employee Performance Review: Making Expertise Count A typical employee performance review will often assess the expertise of an employee, then... read more
- Benefits of Employee Training and Development - “Benefits of Employee Training and Development” is the third article in our series on performance management. Below we address a... read more
- Performance Management Plan - Performance Management Plan: Be Focused “Performance Management Plan” is the fourth article in our series on performance management. Here we... read more
- Employee Training Development - Employee Training Development: Creating Opportunities “Employee Training Development” is the fifth article in our series on performance management. It’s about... read more
- Performance Management Techniques - Performance Management Techniques: Remember the Resources! “Performance Management Techniques” is the sixth article in our series on how to motivate... read more
- Employee Motivation Techniques - “Employee Motivation Techniques” is the seventh article in our series on performance management. Motivation is at the heart of performance.... read more
Mini Series Optimum Performance in the WorkplaceHow do you go about improving motivation at work? Perhaps by seeking optimum performance. Managing is essentially a balancing act and this mini series is designed to help you keep your balance. The manager's role requires constant adjustment of resources, priorities and focus, and that's without that other great balancing act - work and life! Show Series
- Motivation at Work - In Search of Optimum Performance How do you go about improving motivation at work? Perhaps by seeking optimum performance. Managing... read more
- Self Motivation - Let it Flow Does self motivation come easy for you? If not, perhaps you should consider the work of positive... read more
- Work Motivation - Work Motivation – Play to Your Strengths When it comes to work motivation: what’s your view of work – are... read more
- Time Management in the Workplace - Creating Discretionary Time It could be argued that a key element of time management in the workplace is choice. Psychologists... read more
- Job Burnout – Finding Ways to Re-energise Work - How do you feel about work? Are you suffering from job burnout or does work energise you? Job Burnout is... read more
- Positive Attitude in the Workplace - It’s Difficult to be Creative When you Feel Stale Do you feel fresh or stale at work? ”Positive Attitude in the... read more
- Improving Management Skills - …by Getting the Right Things Done. Would you characterise your actions as sharp or blunt? “Improving Management Skills” is the... read more