Workplace motivation is one of the most important aspects of good management. It may be a complex, frustrating issue, but unless it is understood, and managed effectively, few organizations will flourish.
Put motivation at the heart of performance
I am writing a training handbook for my company. May I use the stories … I find them wonderfully uplifting.
So to help we’ve put together some great articles, tools and resources on workplace motivation. Identifying and developing what motivates is one of the key management skills.
Workplace Motivation our Complete Resources for Half Price
That’s why we’ve put together a complete set of motivation resources for you. They are packed full of ideas, insights, tips and tools.
The great content isn’t the only motivational aspect of this package.
We’re offering all 6 guides, 176 pages, 26 tools, 15 tips and 22 insights for half price!
We explain why we think these guides can make a difference for you in our article about getting the right mix of employee motivation factors in place. You’ll find plenty to help motivate yourself, and critically then motivate others.
You’ll also find much of the content is also motivational – so the many leaders and managers we have worked with have told us. Take some time to see how our motivation resources could help you.
You can of course access our offer straight away and download all the guides right now, for half price, just click on the image below.
The best place to start is with our two mini-series. Motivating Employees to Perform introduces our PERFORM model, designed to put motivation at the heart of performance.
Then read Optimum Performance in the Workplace, full of handy tips to help you stay a motivated manager.
These pages are among the most popular on the Happy Manager, packed with advice on how to motivate employees.
“In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it.” John Ruskin
Featured Creating a Happy WorkplaceCreating a Happy Workplace: Is Happiness Good for Business? Few would argue that creating a happy workplace is worthwhile in its own right, but can happiness... read more
Featured Motivation in the WorkplaceHow Do You Define Your Work? What’s your motivation in the workplace? In our article leadership quality, we related a famous story about three stonecutters. In this... read more
Featured Employee Motivation FactorsGet the right mix of employee motivation factors in place and you'll start to see performance levels rising. This is our motivation bundle and it’s packed with... read more
Mini Series Motivational QuotesThroughout this site you will find motivational quotes in the tips and tools section of various pages. Here you will find links to all of these quotes on the one page.... Show Series
Mini Series Motivational StoriesThis mini series contains pages on the site which include motivational stories. Some of the stories are short, some are long. Some stand alone, while others are used to put context to articles about theory, practice, values and vision. Story-telling is an ancient art, but we shouldn't underestimate its effectiveness as a learning and motivational tool. There are few better ways to learn than by merging creativity with context. Show Series
- Motivational Stories - Motivate with stories… Motivational stories have the power to go where no business plan has ever been! In business, as... read more
- Barriers to Goal Setting - Take it step by step! Curiously, one of the biggest barriers to goal setting can be too much focus on... read more
- Benefits of Time Management - Begin With the End in Mind Which benefits of time management are you hoping to achieve? To save some time... read more
- Characteristic of Leadership - Seeing Things Differently Here are two lessons to illustrate an unusual characteristic of leadership. The two stories, one about Tom... read more
- Destination Success - Try the Road Less Travelled Ever thought about where you’re going? Is your destination success? This article combines a classic... read more
- Essence of Leadership? - Seeing Triumph in Tragedy. Here is a story which poignantly illustrates the essence of leadership. In “Growing the Distance: Timeless... read more
- Goal Setting Leaders - … Put Their Legacies First! What separates goal setting leaders from the crowd? In any given situation, true leaders are... read more
- Leadership Concept - Leadership Concept: Valuing Ideas A key leadership concept is to create a positive culture. There are real benefits to be... read more
- Leadership Quality - Leadership Quality – Seeing the Bigger Picture… Which leadership quality would be at the top of your list? Many might... read more
- Leading With Vision - Leading With Vision: Bridging the Gap The essentials of leading with vision are beautifully captured in “The Bridge Builder”, by... read more
- Lesson on Goal Setting - Stick At It! Want a counter-intuitive lesson on goal setting? How about: not setting goals! Well, perhaps allowing goal-free time,... read more
- Personal Development Stories - Reading personal development stories is one of the best ways to add wisdom, wit, vision, colour, and fun to your... read more
- The Secret of My Success - What is the secret of my success?” This is something we often hear from wealthy or famous people, usually in... read more
- Motivation in the Workplace - How Do You Define Your Work? What’s your motivation in the workplace? In our article leadership quality, we related a famous... read more
Mini Series Optimum Performance in the WorkplaceHow do you go about improving motivation at work? Perhaps by seeking optimum performance. Managing is essentially a balancing act and this mini series is designed to help you keep your balance. The manager's role requires constant adjustment of resources, priorities and focus, and that's without that other great balancing act - work and life! Show Series
- Motivation at Work - In Search of Optimum Performance How do you go about improving motivation at work? Perhaps by seeking optimum performance. Managing... read more
- Self Motivation - Let it Flow Does self motivation come easy for you? If not, perhaps you should consider the work of positive... read more
- Work Motivation - Work Motivation – Play to Your Strengths When it comes to work motivation: what’s your view of work – are... read more
- Time Management in the Workplace - Creating Discretionary Time It could be argued that a key element of time management in the workplace is choice. Psychologists... read more
- Job Burnout - Finding Ways to Re-energise Work How do you feel about work? Are you feeling burned out or does it energise... read more
- Positive Attitude in the Workplace - It’s Difficult to be Creative When you Feel Stale Do you Feel Fresh or Stale at Work? ”Positive Attitude in the... read more
- Improving Management Skills - …by Getting the Right Things Done. Would you characterise your actions as sharp or blunt? “Improving Management Skills” is the... read more
Mini Series Motivating Employees to PERFORMKnowing how to motivate employees is one of the most important aspects of a manager's job. This mini series introduces our PERFORM model. This is an excellent tool to help you create and manage the conditions for improved performance in the workplace. Show Series
- How to Motivate Employees - … to PERFORM! Knowing how to motivate employees is one of the most important aspects of a manager’s job. An... read more
- Employees Appraisal - Employees Appraisal: Realizing Potential For many employees appraisal is seen as an ineffective, routine activity. At best it may be... read more
- Employee Performance Review - Employee Performance Review: Making Expertise Count A typical employee performance review will often assess the expertise of an employee, then... read more
- Benefits of Employee Training and Development - Benefits of Employee Training and Development: Seeing the Result “Benefits of Employee Training” is the third article in our series... read more
- Performance Management Plan - Performance Management Plan: Be Focused “Performance Management Plan” is the fourth article in our series on performance management. Here we... read more
- Employee Training Development - Employee Training Development: Creating Opportunities “Employee Training Development” is the fifth article in our series on performance management. It’s about... read more
- Performance Management Techniques - Performance Management Techniques: Remember the Resources! “Performance Management Techniques” is the sixth article in our series on how to motivate... read more
- Employee Motivation Techniques - “Employee Motivation Techniques” is the seventh article in our series on performance management. Motivation is at the heart of performance.... read more