The Happy Workplace
How do you build a happy workplace? Find out how to manage a happier workplace, starting with our collection of articles, tips and tools below.
Don’t just take our word for it …
I love your website and the encouraging words. PS I am a happy manager!
What a difference happier workplaces make! Here we’ll explore how to make that difference and start to build happier more productive workplaces.
Growing Evidence for the Happy Workplace
Happy workplaces make good business sense, and it’s managers that make the difference. But don’t just take our word for it. There is growing evidence both from research and the world of business that:
- People perform better at work when they are happy: happy people are more successful at work:
- “Profits are an extension of a happy workplace” – as one successful businessman argued, a happy workplace made the difference for his organisation.
Before reading on why not take a look at the evidence for the Happy Workplace? We have put together a great series of resources to help you build a happier workplace. Take advantage of our great half price offer. You can find out more about these great resources in The Happier Workplace. We spend too much of our life at work, not to put the practices in place that make for a happier and more productive workplace. Start to change the way we work with our happier workplace series. You can download them straight away for half price by clicking on the image below.
This site contains a growing range of resources, so come back regularly for fresh inspiration. Follow our links to explore the numerous ways that both you and the people you manage can be happy at work.
Of course, being happy is not just about work, it’s about life more generally. Below you’ll find we’ve put together three mini-series of articles. These will make it easier for you to read about what happiness is, how to find it, and why its just as important at work as anywhere else.
Featured What Makes a Great Manager?What makes a great manager? There are many different ways of answering this question but how many would include a reference to happiness? Ours does! We... read more
Featured Value of a Good Manager?The Value of a Good Manager? People Leave Managers Not Companies! What’s the value of a good manager? “People leave managers, not companies” is a headline... read more
Featured The Happier WorkplaceHow can you build a happier workplace? Here you’ll find our unmissable series on happier workplaces. Happy workplaces make a big difference not just to our... read more
Mini Series The Meaning of HappinessFeeling? Science? Art? Myth? Just what is happiness? This collection of articles will help you to understand happiness. Show Series
- Definition of Happiness - Definition of Happiness: the Experts’ View Where better to look for a definition of happiness than in the words of... read more
- What Causes Happiness? - What causes happiness? Is it all down to our genes? Is it due to external conditions, or is it in... read more
- Elements Of Happiness - Six Happiness Tips… What are the elements of happiness? This is an age old question, once even alluded to by... read more
- Authentic Happiness - Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment, Martin Seligman. Professor Seligman has championed... read more
- Happiness Study - Happiness Study – Happiness: The Science Behind Your Smile Here, in one succinct but comprehensive book, is an excellent happiness... read more
- Happiness Theory – Happiness: Lessons from a New Science - Perhaps happiness theory can explain a paradox. Whilst we’re getting richer, healthier and have more possessions than ever before, why... read more
- Rate Your Happiness - Rate Your Happiness: Are You Happy? Do you think it’s possible to rate your happiness? Do we need to sit... read more
Mini Series Finding Happiness in LifeThis series of articles brings together some more insights into happiness. Where to find it and how to make the most of it Show Series
- Why Are Happy People So Happy? - Why are happy people so happy? Some psychologists seem to suggest that the key to happiness is related to the... read more
- Finding Happiness In Life - Finding Happiness In Life: Bowling, But Not Alone It seems fewer of us are finding happiness in life. Since the... read more
- If It Makes You Happy, Do It - If It Makes You Happy, Do It: But Think About it First… If it makes you happy do it? Is... read more
- Don’t Worry Be Happy - Don’t Worry Be Happy: Just a Good line from a Song? Don’t worry be happy is the famous opening line... read more
Mini Series Happiness: Good for You and Good for BusinessThinking about happiness is not just for individuals. There is good evidence that managing happiness in the workplace is good for business too. This mini series offers some insights into what this means, and how to manage it. Show Series
- Is a Happy Person More Successful at Work? - Being a happy person is of course worthwhile for its own sake, but are happy people also likely to be... read more
- What’s the Meaning of Happiness - … at Work? Why not take a few minutes to explore the meaning of happiness at work? What does it mean... read more
- Ways to be Happy - 5 Tips for Happiness at Work! Finding ways to be happy at work matters. As we discovered in what causes... read more
- Creating a Happy Workplace - Creating a Happy Workplace: Is Happiness Good for Business? Few would argue that creating a happy workplace is worthwhile in... read more