Write for the Happy Manager
The Happy Manager is a resource for managers who want to be happier, and who want to manage happier, more productive workplaces. It’s packed with ideas, tips and tools to help you do that.
We’ve been building the website since 2007 and it has grown to over 300 pages, on a range of management topics. However, we’re happy to accept your help in developing it further!
Why write for us?
We are looking for motivated people who want to help us find a better way to manage. If you’d like to contribute a post for our blog, we’d like to hear from you.
Although there is no financial compensation for writing on the Happy Manager, you will benefit from your contribution. Last year the Happy Manager received almost a million page views, from a wide audience of managers, students, teachers, trainers and other professionals.
If accept a blog submission from you it will give you:
- The opportunity to showcase your writing (and bio) to a growing, global readership.
- Permanent links back to your site, increasing traffic and search engine juice.
- A chance to have your say and help us find a better way to manage.
We welcome well-written blogs on the following topics:
- The Happy Workplace
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Managing Performance
- Goal Setting
- Happy Customers
- Time Management
- Personal and Career Development
- Managing Projects & Change
To improve your chances of having your work accepted, it should be:
- Between 500-1,000 words.
- Written in short paragraphs, in a clear, concise style.
- Related to the topic or overall theme of the site.
- Free of self-promotion or irrelevant third party promotion.
- Original, or appropriately referenced where it draws on the work of others.
- Accompanied by a short biography (with links to your website if required), at the end of the post.
- Properly formatted, with appropriate use of <h3> section headings, bullet points and/or numbered lists.
- Submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (headed: Happy Manager blog submission).
- Please note that acceptance of your submission is entirely at our discretion.
- We will not accept posts which are offensive, inappropriate, contain advertising or unnecessary links to other sites.
- We reserve the right to edit submissions (mainly to alter or remove inappropriate material, or to resolve spelling and grammatical issues).
- We assume the author has the copyright for any material used, and that by submitting the post to us you are giving permission for it to be published.
If you require any further information, please contact us either using the form below or via email to:
email@example.com (headed: Happy Manager blog submission).